Even when you’re feeling healthy, a simple checkup is one of the best ways to stay that way. Be proactive at identifying your potential risks. You may look fine from the outside, but the human body is a complex organism and there may be more going on under the surface. Without certain tests, questions and examinations, most people don’t know enough about how the body works to identify potential problems, especially when there aren’t any presenting symptoms.
YOUR HEALTH IS WORTH IT. Schedule your annual wellness exam today and get a baseline of your health.
What is included in a wellness exam?
This visit includes a review of your medical and social history related to your health and education and counseling about preventive services, including these:
- Certain screenings, flu and pneumococcal shots, and referrals for other care, if needed.
- Height, weight, and blood pressure measurements.
- A calculation of your body mass index.
- A simple vision test.
- Health screenings including: blood pressure, glucose and cholesterol
- A written plan letting you know which screenings, shots, and other preventive services you need.
Things to know
When you make your appointment, make sure you are prepared to discuss:
- Any current health conditions or concerns about immediate health conditions.
- Family health history.
- A list of any prescription drugs, over-the-counter drugs, vitamins, and supplements that you currently take, how often you take them, and why.