The exam helps determine whether it’s safe for a student to participate in a certain sport and is required by Laguna Hills High School. Please note you can go to any Marque Urgent Care clinic to complete your sport physical.
Click HERE to download the official Laguna Hills High School Sport Physical Form . Please fill this out and bring it with you to your visit. You can always fill this form out at the clinic, but doing so beforehand will save time.
- Insurance is not accepted for high school sport physicals and payment is due at the time of visit.
- The cost of the physical is $50 and a portion of the cost will be donated back to Laguna Hill’s Athletic Department.
- A sports physical should not replace an annual wellness physical with your primary care provider.
Optional $99 Heart Rhythm Screening (EKG): About 1 or 2 in every 100,000 young athletes experience sudden cardiac arrest each year. We’re adding an electrocardiogram (EKG) to the standard pre-participation physical evaluation for Hawk student-athletes. This may improve detection of heart abnormalities. Early detection can save your student-athletes life! Please let our clinic staff know you would be interested in adding this to your visit.
There are two main parts to a sports physical: the medical history and the physical exam.
This part of the exam includes questions about:
- Serious illnesses among family members
- Illnesses that you had when you were younger or may have now, such as asthma, diabetes, or epilepsy
- Previous hospitalizations or surgeries
- Allergies (to insect bites, for example)
- Past injuries (including concussions, sprains, or bone fractures)
- Whether you’ve ever passed out, felt dizzy, had chest pain, or had trouble breathing during exercise
- Any medications that you are on (including over-the-counter medications, herbal supplements, and prescription medications)
- During the physical part of the exam, the doctor will usually:
- Record your height and weight
- Take a blood pressure and pulse (heart rate and rhythm)
- Test your vision
- Check your heart, lungs, abdomen, ears, nose, and throat
- Evaluate your posture, joints, strength, and flexibility
We have six clinics located in Orange County and you may come to any to complete your sport physical.
Aliso Viejo: 26831 Aliso Creek Road, Ste 200, AV, CA 92656
Buena Park: 8970 Knott Avenue, Buena Park, CA 90620
Lake Forest: 21771 Lake Forest Drive, Ste 109, LF, CA 92630
Mission Viejo: 25482 Marguerite Pkwy, Ste 101, MV, CA 92692
Newport Beach: 2075 San Joaquin Hills Road, NB, CA 92660
Rancho Santa Margarita: 22461 Antonio Pkwy, Ste. 135, RSM, CA 92688
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact our team!