Top 10 Benefits of Exercise & Healthy Eating by Your Marque Team
We hear it all the time- eat a healthy diet and exercise three to five times a week; but only 1 in 3 children are physically active every day. Urgent care doctors recommend this advice frequently, but many people don’t appreciate just how crucial it is. So what do diet and exercise do for you? A lot more than you’d think. Here are the top ten positive effects:
1. Weight loss. Let’s just get this one out of the way from the start. Yes, it’s true. The very best way to reliably and safely lose weight is to exercise regularly and eat a healthy, balanced diet. In fact, burning off more carbs each day than you take in from food is the only proven way to lose weight.
2. A healthier heart. Lots of factors affect your risk for heart disease, but exercise and diet are among the biggest. Even individuals who already suffer from heart disease can reduce their risk through good diet and exercise.
3. Better cholesterol. There are two main kinds of cholesterol in the body, one that’s actually good for you and one that can cause dangerous buildup in your blood veins. Two things help bring both of these cholesterols to the right levels: a vegetable-heavy diet and regular exercise.
4. Resist the effects of aging. Diet and exercise can help keep you looking and feeling youthful, both directly and indirectly. A healthy diet will include lots of natural antioxidants which fight the aging process, whole gentle exercise can help your body resist the soreness and stiffness of aging.
5. A stronger immune system. Your body is better able to handle germs and stay healthy when you eat well and exercise often.
6. Better mood. Did you know that exercise directly affects your mood? Exercise releases endorphins, which give a sense of happiness.
7. Better sexual function. Exercise plays an important role in releasing hormones that increase the sex drive. Both men and women tend to have a higher libido and better sexual function when they work out regularly.
8. Less stress. We could all use less stress in our lives. A bad diet can have all sorts of effects on your anxiety levels, while exercise is one of the single most effective ways to beat stress.
9. Improved sleep. Nutrition and exercise are very helpful to provide quality sleep. Those who are physically active sleep longer and deeper than sedentary individuals. In addition, a poor diet such as one loaded with sugar or alcohol can disrupt sleep and compromise the quality.
10. Bragging points. This one may not exactly be a health benefit, but doesn’t it feel good to know that you’re taking care of your body?
The information provided is for general interest only and should not be misconstrued as a diagnosis, prognosis or treatment recommendation. This information does not in any way constitute the practice of medicine, or any other health care profession. Readers are directed to consult their health care provider regarding their specific health situation. Marque Medical is not liable for any action taken by a reader based upon this information.